Recipe of the Day
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups skim or one percent milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, part skim, divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups or 1 can (12.5 oz) chicken, cubed, cooked
- 16 oz frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese, low-fat
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil over medium heat until tender.
- Mix in cornstarch, broth and milk. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and black pepper. Stir, then remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, chicken, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread 3/4 cup of sauce mixture in the bottom of the dish. Place 3 of the noodles on top, then cover with half of the chicken and spinach mixture.
- Repeat step 6 two more times. Top lasagna with remaining 3/4 cup of sauce and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
"Yummy! This was easy and a great way to use my leftover turkey!"
Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 640 mg
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Dietary fiber: 1 g
Protein: 26 g